Tuesday 21 January 2014

Shaker-Style Home Tour

In the dark depth's of January, something deep inside me wants to reflect the grey skies, and ragged views, by paring right back, returning to nature, and enjoying, even revelling, in starker interiors, which are all the more beautiful for their bare-boned simplicity.

Hence today's Shaker-style home tour....


painted country kitchen

simple rustic living roomironstone crockery display


vintage kitchen linen

country style home

shelf storage with baskets

simple hallway natural colours

simple country bedroom

painted wardrobe country style bedroom

puritan style country bedroom

bedroom with American quilt

asters in september


wooden farmhouse Ohio

The owner, Phoebe Troyer, says, her home
"was designed and built by my wonderful husband and decorated by me. I love it. But mostly I love my home because of the people I share it with and because Jesus Christ is, and always will be, the center."

I love that.


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





11 comments :

Anita Diaz said...

Sarah, I LOVE this look so much and you are right about this time of year being perfect for this approach. Beautiful post:-)

fourkidsmom said...

Sarah love her comments about her house and love her house. Thanks for sharing.

Pamela Gordon said...

What a wonderful home. I love the Shaker style for it's plainness. Although the home is a bit dark for my liking, the clean lines of the wood and furniture makes it unfussy and cozy. The owners have done a beautiful job creating the Shaker style.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love every detail! Thanks for sharing this lovely, peaceful home.

Unknown said...

This house is perfect in it's simplicity. I radiates peace and love; should have known Jesus was at the centre.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful home. I love the uncluttered style and the mutted colors. Perfectly peaceful.

Anastasia said...

WOW! Just wow. This home is stunning. Never before have I seen a space that is 100% exactly what I'm trying to achieve... So impressed. Does she have a blog?

Unknown said...

Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me,
I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too.
The link is posted below.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Gabby said...

Exploring the XPEL PPF warranty details? Mum Sports is your go-to resource. Their website presents all the essential information you need to know about the XPEL Paint Protection Film warranty. Choose Mum Sports for reliable protection backed by solid warranty coverage.

Global Corporate Tour said...

This Shaker-style home is a perfect example of simplicity and functionality. The clean lines and neutral colors create a sense of peace and tranquility, while the natural materials and handcrafted details add a touch of warmth and character. If you want to visit Leh Ladakh Read this Blog https://timesofrising.com/ladakh-mountain-tour-and-travels/

Global Corporate Tour said...

This Shaker-style home is a perfect example of simplicity and functionality. The clean lines and neutral colors create a sense of peace and tranquility, while the natural materials and handcrafted details add a touch of warmth and character. If you want to visit Leh Ladakh Read this Blog Ladakh Mountain Tour and Travels

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10