Tuesday 17 August 2010

Book review: At Home with Country by Christian Strutt

Yes, another post on Cabbages and Roses! I was so inspired by my own blog that I popped over to Amazon, my second home, and got all spendy!



Christina Strutt, founder of Cabbages and Rose, was, once upon a time, assistant Vogue Living editor. She certainly knows what's what when it comes to styling.

Her fifth book, At Home With Country: Bringing the Comforts of Country Home arrived this morning and I am simply bursting to share it with you!


Something that really made me smile (and hop around and tell Mr Modern Country, who was most bemused!) is that the photo that I called 'genius' in my last Cabbages and Roses post, is the title picture for the chapter called 'Modern Country'! Isn't that the coolest coincidence?! Don't you love it when that happens?



One of the aims of the book is to show that the Cabbages and Roses style needn't be reserved for the classic traditional country home but can be applied, with thought, to enhance almost any look. However, it's the Modern Country Style pictures that most draw me in (this is a Modern Country Style blog, after all!).



Each chapter (Classic Country,Modern Country, Island Country and outdoor Country) contains homes that Christina has styled using her Cabbages and Roses magic. Totally gorgeous without exception.


The Modern Country chapter is, of course, especially totally gorgeous but all the sections contain stunning styling that gets you into Christina's mindset: these are fabrics that can add beauty to any setting.

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





5 comments :

fg said...

Next time I'm at your house I might just lock myself in your lovely huge modern country bathroom with all your rosy cabbagy books and have a leisurely look!!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Good plan!!

Leigha said...

Oh, I need to take a closer look at this! Great source.
Leigha

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Thanks, Leigha. I LOVE it!

Ander Son said...

This information is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for providing such valuable content. tarpaulin covers

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10